Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Naptime Musings

Captain Max circa 2009


Costumes We all wear them.  They can be a false smile, a confident look.  It's amazing how many people believe you when you speak with certainty and in a strong voice. 

This one's for the ladies...

Today I encourage you to wear a FUN costume.  Wear a velvet cape or an outrageous hat.  Wear a vintage jacket or unusually colored shoes.  Wear those stripy underwear that make you happy even if no one ever sees them.  Paint your nails a bold color.  Why follow the rules.  Many women, myself included are uniformed in yoga pants and plain v-neck tees.  We wear boring clothes that make us feel boring. 
WHY?  
I am guilty of it too.  But today I am in costume.  Just for fun.  I am a pirate.  I have a purple do-rag and big hoop earrings and a hot pink scarf...because I WANT to.  Life is too short, too stressful, and too serious.  Today take a break and do something small just because it makes you  
Happy

1 comment:

  1. I bet you were a wonderful sight to behold and brought smiles to all who saw you. Especially the person in the mirror.

    ReplyDelete