Friday, March 9, 2012

The winds of March are keen and cold;
I fear them not, for I am bold.

I wait not for my leaves to grow;
they follow after, they are slow

My yellow blooms are brave and bright;
I greet the spring with all my might.

The Song of the Colt's Foot Fairy
~Cicely Mary Barker


It seems that spring has sprung.  Earlier and without the usual tribulation of Indiana's February.  There was no snow.  No bright white windows, trapped indoors days.  Oddly, I feel melancholy as it passes without so much as a graduation ceremony or celebratory song. 

But I do love spring, so I bounce back quick.

My children picnic and run and bike and jump rope in our suburban streets and it is trash day so the Costco sized boxes of cereal blow circles around the courts in the wind.  Ah, this suburban life. 

I encourage you to think of this day as a renewal.  Reach within yourself.  Find the most optimistic, sunshine spirit fairy and hold on tight.  This is natures New Year's Day so make a resolution, appreciate the sun, and work on creating some seriously crazy smile wrinkles. 

Do something today that scares you.
Dance like no ones watching.
Squeeze life like a juicer.
Find more cliches on pinterest.

  Greet the spring boldly, with all your might. 

The fact of the matter is: It is Spring and you've got it made, sugar. 

 So smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment