Friday, January 28, 2011

Commence the Hibernation


The hibernation has begun.  In the Midwest February is the longest month of the year.  No big holiday to look forward to, too cold to play outside and no sun for weeks.  This is the very definition of seasonal depression.  I am determined to remain focused on resolutions and being happy, mindful and content.  Inspired.  I have done the traditional January list making and decrapifying.  Emptied out each and every closet, toy bucket, and drawer.  I have seen enough junk that I am ambitiously planning my very first garage sale ever.  Hilarious though, the kids seem to follow me; moving my piles around and messing up anything I tidy.  This is some sort of war they siege against me daily; putting hand prints on the window just as I finish washing it.  You know the drill.  Cleaning things out feels refreshing though.  A clean slate of outer calm making way for the chaos of three children under 6 to dance through. 

In other resolution news I have worked out five times in the past seven days which is quite a feat for me.  At one point my focus strayed as Finley was sitting on my tummy while I did crunches and I hear loud crashes coming from the playroom where Lucy is completely unsupervised (a dangerous game to play with her).  That being a success, I still eat ice cream in the evening and tell myself Edy's made a typo on the serving size.

Ruby got a huge award at school for character this month.  The Pride Award.  Yep, as you would expect I have silently given myself all the credit for raising a perfect child.  I gotta take it when I can. 

I have been stalking all sorts of photographer's blogs and feel overcome with ideas and anxious for the weather to break and have more outdoor shoots.  Please Please let me know if you're interested in photos.  I want nothing more than to craft some magical memories for you.

Here are a couple of fun snapshots of kiddos we've been hanging with lately.  Peace.  And Happy Hibernating. . .

Bella

Ethan

Finley


Lucy

Norah

Norah

Polly
Mary

Evan

Evan

Evan


Ruby

Elizabeth

Ingrid

1 comment: