Monday, December 13, 2010

The imagination of a child seems to swell at Christmas time.  As if their sugar cookie's sprinkles are each a fleeting idea of laughter and love.  Like snow flakes, each one different from the next.  I could sit and play for hours telling Christmas stories of fairies and elves just watching their eyes twinkle.  

With secrets in their eyes, the blue winged 
hours 
rustle through the meadow 
dropping shadow  
Yawning among red flowers 
the moon child with her golden hoop 
and a pink star drifting after, 
leans to me where i droop 
I hear her delicate soft laughter

-Winifred Welles

Eylie and I met at Ballet class.  Her smile lit up the room even then.  Her imagination and joy of life is beautiful, a true artist in the making.  She loves nature and learning and her Mommy and Papa.
Here are some pictures of her and her lovely family, dear friends of mine.
6 going on 16.

Alluring
Delightful.
Silly

Heather made this quilt herself, it is timeless, unique, and exquisite just like their relationships.










I love the body language here.  Beautiful.  Just Divine.

May we be ever grateful for each child's bold individuality and free spirit.  Enjoy the eye candy.

2 comments:

  1. Britt,
    It has been so fun to follow your blog and your gift of photography. I am getting to know you that much better and feel connected to your world, when we live so far apart. I love checking your blog from time and time, and no, your mom is not the only one that follows it :)
    Love,
    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  2. After my rough snow day of a 4 foot snow drift blocking my driveway and a sick dog, I am so uplifted and (finally) find myself smiling. Thanks to you - sweet, amazing Britney. PS - Yay! I can post! :)
    xo,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete