Thursday, March 10, 2011

Graditude

I feel full.  I feel joy and gratitude seeping out my pores, tears down my cheeks, can't stop smiling kind of happy.  I just spent half an hour soaking in my very own website.  I can't believe I have a website. 

I can't believe how scared I am to put myself out there, trying to convince myself I am legit...I feel my inner critic and self doubt creeping in but I push them out.  I am determined to stay focused as my aim is to say thank you to someone and inspire the rest you to be a better friend. 
 
You see, I have this glowing new website and this wonder*full feeling because of a friend.  
She is marvelous.  When I met her I saw glimpses of perfection and felt intimidated until she spoke.  Her voice, warm and welcoming drew me in.  Her laugh, oh I've seen her husband's eyes literally twinkle when she laughs.   
Melissa.  
Melissa has never failed to be the first birthday card I receive each year.  The first phone call to wish me luck for an interview, to check on my grandmothers health, to congratulate me on a success.  She remembers the details of friendship.  Flowers when my then fiance and I bought our first home.  Her phone calls are therapy and it doesn't hurt that therapy is something we have in common.  We became friends in graduate school for social work and learned together about counseling and open~hearted listening.  And no one is better
But she has topped herself.  Not only words of encouragement and support of my dreams of photography but real actual involvement.

She and her amazing husband offered, out of no where, for no reason but love and belief to create a website for me. To push me into doing what I feel most driven, purposeful, and passionate about. 

  (check it out www.silverpenniesphotography.com)
I am overwhelmed with gratitude.  You make me want to be a better friend, friend.  Thank you, I am forever grateful.  

Consider this a public thank you note or girlfriend love letter, either way thanks and I sure do love ya.
~the chick with the silver penny.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this, my friend. You brought tears to my eyes. The feeling is quite mutual. I can't imagine not having your friendship in my life. XO-M

    ReplyDelete