Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Kristin


Several blog posts ago I proclaimed that I was going to feature some of the amazing women in my life here.  But now I realize that I never take pictures of them anymore, only their children (they're cuter sorry).  So these are Kristin's boys. 

Kristin and I met in college. She is a trip.

She is funny, soft-hearted, real, ballsy, and smart.  She can drink beer with the boys and get pedicure with the girls and treat everyone like they are brothers and sisters.  Maybe it's coming from a big family with three girls and a boy (all of whom are smart, funny, strong, and good-look'n) but everyone around her feels like family.  There is a comfort about her that draws everyone closer, makes you take your shoes off, let your hair down, and tease the kid next to you.  

We have seen the world together.  Literally and metaphorically.  We traveled through Europe by foot and traveled through time by friendship.  That trip changed my life.  Every stage of life we seemed to share; college, grad school, true love, marriage, children.  Ever-sentimental, I once gave her a bottle with the word time trapped inside.  There are no words for the kind of connection and sisterhood she and I share.  The kind of ~drop everything to celebrate or console~ kind of love.  I am enamored with her intelligence and bravery and sit and bask in the glowing comfort of her open hearted personality.  She is easy to be around and has been an easy friend in my journey.  May she always find the perfect road for her "trip" through life.  And these beautiful boys are the fruit of that journey. 
May I always be "aunt B"...

 These are snapshots from our play date last week. 


 "I like puzzles and drawing."



 Peek-a-boo

 Standing takes intense concentration.
 I'll walk before you know it.
 "I love star wars.  Yoda is a superhero."


 I'm so pretty sometimes people think I'm a girl, but these eyelashes are gonna make me a real ladies man someday.

Love you Barlo Mrs. Lange.  And Ryan and Evan too.  Thanks for being my lifelong friend. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm in tears!! You are an amazing friend! May we always "travel" together! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet, made me tear up! love, karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious - such a heartfelt commentary about such a wonderful woman! Kristin is indeed brilliant but not intimidating, worldly without being pretentious, and quietly, classically, classy . She's the best and these photos of the boys are beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing - Aunt Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing photos of our precious Ryan and Evan. You are quite the photographer Aunt B. The pictures as well as you friendship with our lovely Kristin will be treasured forever. Blessings to you and your family.
    Grandma Judy and Grandpa Kent

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely comments thank you. And thanks for loving this girl like I do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love checking out your blog. your pictures are beautiful! thanks for taking the time to visit my blog and enjoy my work :)

    ReplyDelete