Monday, November 8, 2010

The All American RV

Travel can be lots of things. 

Thrilling, Relaxing, Educational, Inspirational...

For our sweet family it is Nostalgic. 
I can already picture the weathered photographs of our future in all their sentimental majesty.  Our adventures in our All-American RV

I know, seriously?  Camping, in a dirty, old, 70's, smells like cigarettes and hanky panky RV? 

That's what I thought too.  My KISA brought up the idea last spring (not the first time) and I (for once) had an open mind about it.  We talked about the finances of flying 5 people on vacation.  We talked about hotels and going to McDonald's for every meal with our preschooler, toddler, and baby.  We talked about adventure and comfort and freedom and character-building

Then we went shopping.  OMG.  Did you know there are campers with granite counter tops and fireplaces?  I certainly didn't.  And after a month or so of shopping and debating, we became the happy owners of a brand spank'n new trailer RV.
      No 70's interior. 
                    No hanky panky smell.  
Just two sets of bunk beds, a kitchen, bathroom with a tub, and a master bed with a flat screen TV (yea,  I KNOW). 

Now, it's November and we just winterized our RV after a season with several weeks of travel under our belt.  It is all it's cracked up to be.  Comfort, family, nostalgia, It's the quintessential vintage all American vacation. 

So as a tribute to the end of vacation season I thought I'd share a few fun pics of our trips. 


Our family travels in our all American RV.  

















And here's a little of my Silver Pennies gratitude for the day...

Glad that I live am I;
That the sky is blue;
And the fall of dew.

After the sun the rain, 
After the rain the sun
This is the way of life,
Til the work be done.

All that we need to do  
Be low or high, 
Is to see that we grow
Nearer the sky.
                                                              
                                                                      Lizette Woodworth Reese

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are already nostalgic! What fun the RV made the summer for you all. Memories to cherish - and take you nearer the sky.

    Love you all,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete