Saturday, November 13, 2010

My mom just commented on an earlier post and used my favorite new word. 


                    GLORY*US.  

                                                                                      Love it!  (Yes, people I know it's not really a word.  But I know you're with me)  Words are like toys, use your imagination.  Speaking of playtime, my KISA is having friends over tonight and I am making "man food".  I often make Carol's famous Italian Beef sandwiches or a chili for guys night.  But tonight it is Spaghetti.  Not just any spaghetti though.  This is a cross between marinara and chili.  Sweet, spicy, meaty, chunky.  A*mazing.  My California girl sister, Nichole, gave it to me and it is an absolute favorite around here.  So, I thought why not share.  It is perfect for a rainy fall night like tonight and may I just say, add a red wine and...Glory-us...





Chunky Pasta Sauce

1 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground pork (sometimes I use Italian sausage)
2 cans (28oz) diced tomatoes (total 56 oz)
1/2-1 cup water
1 can tomato paste (6oz)
1 onion cut into wedges
1 medium sweet red pepper cut into 1 inch pieces (sometimes I add two...why not)
1 cup chopped carrots
3-4 tbsp sugar (to taste)
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt

Brown meat.  Transfer to a 3 quart slow cooker or crock pot.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Cook on low for 6-7 hours or until veggies are tender.  Serve over your favorite pasta with your favorite shredded cheese (Hello Havarti).  YOU WILL LOVE THIS.  Thank you Nichole!  Enjoy

                          Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment