Thursday, November 11, 2010

Light Hearted.

In an effort to shake my mood (see depressing earlier post), I thought I would list a few of my favorite things.  I encourage you to do the same today.  Thanksgiving shouldn't be just a Holiday to eat after all. 

Thanksgiving.  I love a day where we only focus on the things we have that we love, and not all the rest.

Lucy's growly low voice.  And laughter.  Geez that kid is FUN.


Ruby's sweet nature.  And Kindness.  And Sensitivity.



Finley's belly laugh as he walks in his new squeaky shoes. (Thanks mom)



My KISA's smile when he is TRULY having fun.  (I hope he doesn't throttle me for posting a photo)






My home.  I LOVE where I live, my neighbors, the community, everything about it.

The life my KISA provides for our Family by working hard even when it seems unbearable.  I am so LUCKY to be a stay at home MOMMY. 

To be American.  I can't imagine being a free spirited woman anywhere else.

My siblings.  I have WONDER*FULL sisters & brothers including my sisters-in-law.  I would choose you guys as friends if you'd have me.

A circle of friends who always make everything okay.  My girlfriends are my tether to sanity.

RelationshipsAfter all that is the only thing that matters.  I started this post with petty things in mind.  My favorite Bobbi Brown lipstick, Mac's granite eyeshadow, Gap jeans, Ugg boots, Yosemite National Park, and Van Morrison.  Maybe I will still share those things with you guys someday.  But today I'm just keep'n it real.  I was in a mood.  I put it out there and then decided to change it. 

As John Cusack says to his sister in Say Anything, "How hard is it to wake up in the morning and just be in a good mood?  Just be happy!"

Well, harder than one might think apparently, but I'm workin' it one hour at a time.  Sending you a box of sunshine wrapped with a white ribbon and a silver penny. 

Now, I'm going to have another cup of coffee.

2 comments:

  1. So much truth - how hard is it to just wake up happy? Sometimes very hard. But turn your mind to your child's eyes and wonder at the glory of a new day where everything can be magic! Each day is almost like Christmas morning to them, and it should be to us too - a gift! We are ALIVE! We have so many good things to be thankful for.

    Thanks for my box of sunshine - I'll take it today and every day. And keep reminding me. Your blog is glory-us, and I love it and you.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete